- LEARN tutorials on how to start and code in ZIM
- CODE ZIM Frame template and code context
- DOCS the objects and commands all defined
- NEWS latest features and articles
- ABOUT features, applications, archives, reviews, etc.
- EXAMPLES sample projects created in ZIM
- GOLD BARS links to special sections
When you have used ZIM for a while, we hope that you might support us on PATREON - come see the rewards and give Pragma a hand at her goal to get ZIM to the people!
- One-line Drag and Drop
- Multitouch Pan, Pinch and Rotate
- Multiple Types of Hit Tests
- Styles for all Objects (Like CSS)
- Retina Crisp Vectors!
- Animation, Sequences and Damping
- Integrated Physics made Easy!
- Labels, Buttons, Panes and Tabs
- Windows and Wrapable Text
- Shapes, Sliders and Steppers
- Waiters, ProgressBars and ColorPickers
- Indicators, Dials and Pads
- Keyboards, Loaders and TextAreas
- Lists, Organizers and Toggles
- Wrapper, Beads and RadialMenu
- Live Transformation Tools
- Sound and AudioSprite Support
- Synth wrapper for Web Audio
- Scalable Template Framework
- Accessibility for Screen Readers
- Chaining and Configuration Objects
- Easy Asset Loading
- Custom Font Preloading and Support
- Page and Layout Control
- Mobile Optimization
- Swipes and HotSpots
- Guides, Grids and Outlines
- Parallax, Scroll and Tiling
- Dynamic Sprite and Scrollers
- GamePad and Motion Controllers
- Particle Emitter and SoundWave
- Bind, Wire and Base for Data
- 3D and Physics Support Libraries
- Multiuser and Asynchronous Calls
- Editable Bezier Blobs & Squiggles
- Pen and Path Animation
- Variable Speed Animation
- Dynamic parameters
- WebGL Support
- Import SVG as Bitmap or ZIM Shapes
- Isometric Board and game features
- NPM support and MVC template
- ZIMON any object to string
- ZIM SHIM for Adobe Animate
- Desktop and Mobile Apps and Sites
- E-learning Applications
- Games and Puzzles
- Collages and Generative Art
- Simulations and Visualizations
- Interactive Logos
- Animated Infographics
- Gadgets and Tools
- Product Configurators
- Comic and Drawing Apps
- Teaching and Learning Code
- Mouse and Scroll Parallax
- Sliding Sites
- Interfaces and Components
- Fullscreen or Embedded
Currently we are on ZIM Cat which features a new member of the ZIM Family, OwMe the cat! ZIM now defaults to seconds, it has a Synth, a Line, a Poly, a Page and all this can be wired to a new look on the Components!
ZIM TEN (10) brought integrated physics, Retina crisp vectors, Wrapper, Beads, RadialMenu, List with accordion, SVG support, Bind, DPad, Marquee, Shape Animation, ZIMON, hitTestPath, Board with isometrics, NPM support, MVC and Adobe SHIM! This was a powerful prolific time as detailed in the ZIM TEN updates!
ZIM NIO (9) featured dynamic animation and dragging along a path. ZIM OCT (8) introduced STYLE for CSS-like styles on the components. Version 7 (HEP) added ZIM Skool, TypeScript support and documented Helper modules for Physics, 3D, Gaming and Pizzazz! Version 6 (SIX) added Canvas Accessibility for screen readers on desktop and mobile. Version 5 (VEE) of ZIM added ZIM VEE objects for dynamic parameters as well as renamed modules and GPU support. Sites for ZIM 5-8 all looked the same.
Earlier versions were ZIM 4TH which gave us the ZIM 4TH methods for ZIM display objects. ZIM TRI gave us THREE meta functions: Async, Wonder and Distill. ZIM DUO gave us the ZIM DUO technique of passing regular parameters or a single configuration object. ZIM ONE gave us ZIM!
Here are a few comments people have left about ZIM - comments are always welcome!
Thanks to ZIM, development time was quite short and a very smooth ride along a quick learning curve!
The ZIM videos helped three of our devepelopers learn ZIM and in one hour they made complicated things to complete our mission! ZIM support is so great! It takes one day (max) to get an answer or bug fix. We have made about a hundred apps and I am now teaching ZIM to others.
Very impressed with all the material ZIM puts out and the concise code.
ZIM deserves to be known by people of all ages and expertise interested in unlocking creativity in the Digital Interactive Media era. ZIM provides a zen way to build beautiful, yet, sophisticated Web interface applications. Not only does ZIM help us "write less and do more", but ZIM comes with 1. incredibly rich and clear documentation, 2. more than 100 diverse and well categorized examples, 3. a series of video captures to learn and enjoy ZIM programming at your own pace, and on the top of it all, 4. a friendly Slack community to share ideas, needs, issues, requests and receive support from ZIM friends and Dr Abstract himself. Please give ZIM a try and let's enjoy the ride together! I am a real fan and soon you will be too!
I've been really impressed with ZIM. It's fun to code with, powerful and easy to learn!
I've never seen such perfect documentation on a JS library before!
ZIMjs is the very best place to go for educators transitioning from Flash to Canvas. Incredible library, excellent documentation! Loving your work! The orient to path squiggle is just brilliant. Thanks for continually improving Zim. Superb!
Hey, ZIM is the most awesome library for making kids apps in JS that I think EXISTS!!! Thank you!!!
Awesome to see VR added! I didn't expect that at all but will add cool factor!
Oh man....I am LOVING the outlines....LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOL!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the zim framework.
This is very cool.. @danzen you added my requested feature with lightning speed!
Loving working with ZIM! Just finished going thru ZimBits 64 - Draw and Animate Lines... very cool stuff!
Absolutely love the youtube channel and I'm looking forward to learning some more. I discovered ZIM just last night and it's perfect for a project I have in mind
I just discovered Zim, and I agree that it is a fantastic canvas JS library.
So great a tool. Such huge potential for the whole web - I see a bunch of apps, sites based on this tool in my head - which will help all people! Dan, it's a God Tool )) I think it's The Evolution step in the web. I am your fan from now ))
Thank you ZIM. I currently develop with your great creation!!!
Love using and learning Zim. One of my favorite API for canvas based html5 apps and games.
FOUNDER - Dan Zen is a Canadian New Media Awards Programmer (2002) and Educator (2008) of the Year. Please visit his MUSEUM of Interactive Works - the front page of which is built in ZIM. He is also a Hamilton Arts Awards (2017) media arts winner for his work in ZIM including apps and visualizations.
Dan Zen teaches in the Interactive Media post-grad program at Sheridan College in Canada. He gives talks and workshops on code and creativity - send him an EMAIL.
A logical model of life is called a Philosophy.
We have broken down life into Classes, Objects, Methods, Properties and Events with Object Oriented Programming (OOP). Programming basics of Variables give us memory, Conditionals give us logic and Randomness gives us odds for emotions to allow us to recreate life with Simulations, Games and Artificial Intelligence.